I really wasn’t kidding when I said I’d be back with more s’mores. Here I am!
Summer isn’t officially over just yet (There are still 13 more days!), but even when it is, I’ll probably still be tightly clutching my bag of jumbo marshmallows as if it’s summer itself, bundling up in a sweatshirt to start a campfire. Summer, staaaaaay!
I know all you wool-wearing, PSL-lovers (In case you haven’t heard, that’s the new abbreviation for Pumpkin Spice Latte, which reappears at Starbucks every September 1st) are slowly clicking away right now. I’m all for the PSL, too. But right now I’m still hanging onto summer while I can. Plus s’mores work for fall, too.
In case you aren’t aware, an original s’more (as in, you want “Some More”) is created by sandwiching a toasted marshmallow and a few pieces of a Hershey bar between two graham cracker halves. The chocolate gets all melty and perfect when squished by the marshmallow, and it’s the best.
I recently took the original s’more to the next level.
Allow me to introduce The S’moreo.
Although I’ve seen this concept all over the place, I think I originally saw it on Cakespy, and it’s genius! Instead of using graham crackers, you swap them out for Oreos. Double Stuf Oreos, if you’re really smart. And Mega Stuf Oreos if you’re brilliant.
I went really crazy and also used the most enormous marshmallow I could find. This isn’t recommended if you don’t want to get messy, but it does taste pretty good, so choose accordingly. It’s hard to make the wrong choice when the only factors are Oreos, marshmallows, and chocolate.
Here’s what it looks like when you take a ginormous bite, which I recommend:
Here’s to summer…what’s left of it!
Total Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 1 serving
- 2 Double Stuf Oreos
- 1 jumbo marshmallow
- 1 rectangles from a Hershey chocolate bar
- Preheat a gas stove to the lowest setting. Alternatively, start a campfire outside or preheat the broiler to high.
- Prepare two Oreos, placing chocolate on one of them.
- Using a s’mores stick or long utensil (such as a knife or fork), spear a marshmallow. Toast it over flame of choice, slowly rotating to brown every side.
- Immediately scrape warm marshmallow off stick, sandwiching it between prepared Oreos with the chocolate. Lightly squeeze s’moreo to melt chocolate.
The Double Stuf Oreos are reflected in the nutritional info below, but original Oreos and Mega Stuf are certainly encouraged, too! 🙂
Total Fat: 9.2 g
Cholesterol: 1.7 mg
Sodium: 135.8 mg
Total Carbs: 45.3 g
Dietary Fiber: .2 g
Protein: 2.5 g