Am I getting annoying by posting a new Oreo cupcake recipe for every flavor Oreo has ever released?
Can you tell cookies and cream is my flavor of choice? 🙂
Oreo Cupcake Recipes with Every Oreo Flavor
I just cannot resist. New Oreo flavors are my kryptonite. And not-so-shockingly, I tend to like them all!
These pretty little treats are all for fall. Golden Oreo cookies with swirled caramel and green apple cream filling…stuffed into a cupcake.
I added some extra caramel to the batter and topped the cakes off with sweet salted caramel frosting (and more Oreos). Easy as pie but a fun twist on the regular Oreo flavor!
The verdict on these has been a little mixed. My traditional meat-and-potatoes, don’t-rock-the-gravy-boat friends looked a little wary when I announced the flavor but most didn’t have any problem finishing every bite. My guy friends were in unison about not loving the Oreo itself, but again, I didn’t find any leftovers in the garbage! That seems to be a pattern among male eaters, I’ve noticed. 🙂 When in doubt, I can always count on the guys to take care of my leftovers! Only one or two taste-testers said they would probably turn down a second one.
My fellow adventurous eaters and I had no trouble downing these new Oreo cakes and the cookies themselves. I think they’re fun for fall and could be stuffed into all kinds of fun things! Bakerella’s cake pops, for one – yum! I am a big fan of all these special edition flavors. They make life more interesting!
the new Oreo Cupcake Flavor , Caramel Apple Flavor
You can deck these out with extra caramel and cookie crumbs if you want, but the beauty of Oreo cupcakes is that they don’t need much tweaking. The cookies themselves provide so much flavor that you can literally just plop them right into the batter and have a fun cupcake flavor right there! But by all means, go crazier if you are inspired – and let me know what you come up with! I love new ideas.
I went simple and used a store-bought salted caramel sauce in both the batter and the buttercream. If you’re the sweet + salty type, sprinkle some sea salt flakes on top!
Hope you enjoy these autumn Oreo cupcakes – better grab a package of the Oreos before they’re replaced with candy canes (another favorite, I might add)!
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, my friends! May you all be surrounded by the ones you love, and may we all realize just how blessed we are – at this time of year and always. I’m thankful for cupcakes, for fun Oreo flavors, and for YOU, to name a few! xoxo
PRINTCARAMEL APPLE OREO CUPCAKES
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 18 minutes
Yield: 24 cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 cupcake
apple oreo cupcake INGREDIENTS
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 8 Tbsp butter, at room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 1/4 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups skim milk, at room temperature
- 24 Caramel Apple Oreos
- 1/4 cup salted caramel sauce
- 16 Tbsp. butter, at room temperature
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. skim milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup salted caramel sauce
- 24 whole Caramel Apple Oreos, for garnish (if desired)
oreo cupcake INSTRUCTIONS and advice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two muffin tins with cupcake wrappers and place a whole Oreo in each one.
- In a small bowl, sift flour, baking powder and salt together.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter and sugar together for 3-5 minutes or until light and fluffy. Slowly add eggs one at a time until combined.
- Add vanilla to milk.
- Add 1/3 of the dry ingredients to the egg mixture and beat with stand mixer until well combined. Add 1/3 of the milk and mix thoroughly. Repeat with remaining ingredients, scraping bowl as needed.
- Pour batter over Oreos in prepared pans, filling each about two-thirds full.
- Drop a small spoonful of caramel sauce over each filled cupcake liner. Using a toothpick or thin knife, pull back and forth across batter to create a swirl pattern in each cupcake.
- Bake cupcakes for 16 to 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean. Cool pans completely on a wire rack.
- Garnish cupcakes with whole Caramel Apple Oreos, if desired.
Adapted from Georgetown Cupcake’s The Cupcake Diaries
If you can’t find salted caramel sauce, you can use any regular caramel sauce (homemade or store-bought), or use whatever you have and sprinkle a little sea salt on your finished cupcakes. I used Smucker’s Salted Caramel Sauce in this recipe.